Dear Rooftop Families,
It’s time to come together again to support something we think we all agree upon: making sure our children receive the richest education possible. At Rooftop, we’re lucky to belong to one of the most diverse public schools in San Francisco, and one of the best. Thanks to the efforts of the entire Rooftop community, our children enjoy art classes, library time, a beautiful garden, performing arts, sensory motor, computer instruction, book clubs and so much more.
How does a poorly funded public school manage to do that? By pouring our hearts into Rooftop’s biggest fundraiser of the year: the 12th Annual Auction and Children’s Art Show to be held March 12, 2005 at the Hall of Flowers in Golden Gate Park.
We know–it’s a lot of work! There are probably easier ways to raise money. But the Auction and Children’s Art Show is about more than fundraising: it’s also a way we can strengthen our community by working side by side towards this important goal.
By now you have recived your Auction Packet with everything you’ll need to get donations from your favorite businesses; SIGN UP for an Auction job; buy TICKETS to the auction, or create a GIFT CERTIFICATE for a service that you (or a friend) could perform.
Here’s how to get started:
- Go in person or write to your favorite restaurant, hotel, children’s sports program or local business and ask them to make a donation. Include a donor form and gift certificate for them to fill out and return to you.
- You can sign the Sample Letter enclosed or write your own!
The orange post cards are to carry around with you. Hand them out when you’re doing errands and shopping at neighborhood stores.
- Turn in the donations with a complete donor form at either the Burnett or Mayeda Office by Friday, February 18. There will be a Saturday drop-off on February 12 from 9-12 at the Burnett Multi-purpose Room, so you can drive right up with donations!
- We’re asking each family to bring in 3-5 donations.
- Need more forms? You can find them at both offices or download them from this site.
- Thank you for doing your part to make this event a success. Our goal is 100% participation in every class-whether it’s baking a cake, securing a donation or accepting an auction job. It’s a really fun event-we’ll look forward to seeing you there!